Library Media Center
The Library Media Center staff is available to assist faculty, students, and parents in the selection and checking out of materials as well as assistance with projects, spaces to work, technology assistance and co-teaching/collaboration.
Hours of Operation
The Library Media Center is open Sunday‐ Thursday from 7:45 AM to 4:00 PM Sunday through Thursday. The library closes on early dismissal days.
Student fingerprint identification is required to sign out library material.
- Students using the library should work in a way that respects all other people that are using the facility
- Food and beverages are not permitted in any of the research or computer areas
- Card or game playing is not permitted (chess competitions do not fall under this rule)
- In compliance with school policy the following items are not permitted—headphones, ipods, CD players, cell phones, beepers or laser pens. The library staff has the right to remove these items to the Main Office.
- Students in the library researching an assignment with a classroom teacher are requested to remain in the area reserved by their teacher until the end of the period or block.
- The librarian will issue a pass to a school service student who is having an emergency.
- If the student is from a research class, the teacher is responsible for providing the student with a pass and it will be issued at that teacher’s discretion.
- Before a student leaves the library he/she is expected to leave the area around their computer clean, push in their chairs and return all materials to the areas that they found them.
- If the security system sounds when a student is exiting the facility, they need to come to the circulation desk. The library staff will help to determine if the materials have been properly signed-out.
Books can be checked out for two weeks at a time for parents and students and renewed after that for the same period of time. Students of the American division may keep their academic books till the end of school year. Students are not allowed to remove the barcode from the books. Students are not allowed to exchange the borrowed books with their classmates.
Students with outstanding overdue books are not permitted to check out additional books until their account is clear.
Teachers and staff may check out educational materials for a semester. It is the responsibility of patrons to return books on the appropriate due date.
Overdue and Lost Material
Students will be charged for overdue, lost and/or damaged materials. Cost of the materials is determined by the current cost of the book, including shipping costs.
- Notices will be issued via the a letter or a written SMS notice.
- All students are required to fingerprint prior to signing out material.
- Students will be held responsible for overdue and /or lost materials
Teachers who bring their classes to the library are responsible for disciplining their students. School service students are the responsibility of the library personnel. If one of those students exhibit behaviors that is not appropriate they will receive a verbal reminder. If the behavior continues, a phone call will be made to the Discipline Coordinator to inform them that the student will be penalized.
While students are encouraged to use the library for both academic and personal interests use, students visiting the library outside of their regularly scheduled class time are required to have a pass from their teacher.
Students may access the library during the time they are scheduled for school service. This may be one period or one block.
In addition to its primary use as an instructional space and providing circulation services, it also serves as an essential location for multiple curricular and co‐curricular events and a space for classes conducting research under the direction of the school librarian(s).
If a teacher wishes to schedule research time in the library they may do so after filling out a Request Sheet. Classes will be scheduled in the order that requests are filed with the library staff. We will accommodate as many groups as possible.
The Request Sheet (available at the circulation desk) serves to minimize scheduling errors.
There are occasions when library access is limited. “Research Only” indicates that library usage will be available only for students who have research needs which necessitate utilizing library materials and/or equipment and at the discretion of library personnel. Occasionally, it is necessary to close the library for one or more blocks due to group testing or special projects. These instances will be determined and authorized by our building administration.